State Curriculum Toolkit
Tools aligned to State Curriculum indicators and/or objectives.
- Introduction for Standard or Indicator
Standard 3.0 Life Science
The students will use scientific skills and processes to explain the dynamic nature of living things, their interactions, and the results from the interactions that occur over time.
A. Diversity of Life
- 1. Observe a variety of familiar plants and animals to describe how they are alike and how they are different.
- Gather information about how some animals are alike in the way they look and in the things they do.
- Gather information about how some plants are alike in the way they look and in the things they do.
- Draw a picture of two animals that look alike (or plants) and of two animals (or plants) that look different and respond to questions that are raised by those who observe the pictures.
- Identify some of the things that all animals do, such as eat, move around and explain how their features (observable parts) help them do these things.